is a sunny plateau protected by the Dachstein Mountains
in the north reaches 18 km from the west to the east side of it.
The climatic spar Ramsau has an altitude of approximately 1200m over sea level.
Beside the impressive Dachsteinmassif you can enjoy the beautiful view of the Schladminger Tauern close by. These mountain ranges are separated by the river Enns and its valley, where the pretty and picturesque town of Schladming lies.
Ramsau belongs to the province of Styria and is 90 km southeast from Salzburg (Mozarts birth place).
Ramsau offers a wide range of activities:
• Hiking (from 1000 m until 3000 m above sea level, with various degrees of difficulties, short or longer routes, big choice of alpine huts and mountain pastures (Almen, fantastic nature)
• Climbing in different degrees. There are special kids climbing routes as well.
• Horse riding or horse carriage
• Wildwater rafting on the river Enns
• Golfing in Haus an der Enns
• Flying with flex-wings
• Swimming (Ramsau Beach with Beach Volley Ball)
• Glacier nordic skiing, snowboarding or alpine skiing
• roller coaster, forest adventure climbing park with flying swing
• Nordic skiing (150 km Classic Slopes and 70 km Skating Slopes)
• Alpine skiing(The 4-mountain-skiing resort Schladming Dachstein with 125 km slopes and 47 ski-lifts are part of the skiing resort Ski Amade with offers 860 km of skiing and a total of 270 Lifts, The resorts use the same tickets.
• Crosscountry skiing (Tourenski-eldorado of Austria with the national Skitour across the Dachstein)
• Winter hiking on 70 km prepared routes
• (Night)coaster, tobogganing
• Horse riding or romantic horse carriage
• Swimming at the indoor swimming pool Ramsau, Grimming Therme at Bad Mitterndorf or
Therme Amade at Altemarkt.
More information you can find under Links
Despite the wide range of activities the Ramsau does not loose its quality of rest and recreation.
Here it is still possible at any season to enjoy wild nature. You do not even need to step into the car.
Einsicht beim Aufstieg, …alles unten lassen, ...oben auf einem Berg stehen, …mit der Welt zu den Füßen; das gibt Kraft und Energie..., das ist für uns Ramsau.